What We Believe
1. All Scripture is verbally inspired by God and is therefore infallible and inerrant. The Bible is the Word of God.
Matthew 5:18; 1 Corinthians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:21
2. There is one true and living God Who exists in three Persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. This means that the Father is God; the Son is God; and the Holy Spirit is God, yet there is but one God.
Isaiah 9:6; Matthew 28:19; John 1:1, 14; John 14:20; Acts 5:3-4; 2 Corinthians 13:14; Hebrews 1:8-10
3. The Lord Jesus Christ was born of a virgin.
Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:18-25; Luke 1:26-38
4. Christ was crucified and rose from the dead on the third day. He rose bodily from the tomb and ascended to heaven with the Father.
Matthew 28; Mark 16; 1 Corinthians 15; Romans 1:4
5. Jesus Christ will return bodily.
a. The Rapture of the Church. He will appear in the air to catch away all those in Christ.
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18, 5:9
b. The Coming in Glory. He will return to earth at the end of the Great Tribulation Period to establish His 1000-year
Kingdom on earth.
2 Timothy 2:12; Revelation 20:1-6
6. Since man first sinned, all men are born sinners and are in need of salvation.
Romans 3:9-19; Ephesians 2:1-3
7. God has provided salvation by offering His Son Jesus as a substitute sacrifice for our sins.
Romans 3:25; Hebrews 9:22
8. We receive salvation by faith in the finished work of Christ. Salvation is by God’s grace through faith alone.
Romans 3:24, 4:5; Ephesians 2:8-9
9. God’s gift of salvation is forever since His promise is eternal life. Eternal life cannot be temporary.
John 3:16; John 10:27-29; Romans 8:38-39; Philippians 1:6
10. God has given the church two ordinances; baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
a. Baptism is immersion in water to publicly identify with Christ. A Christian is baptized on his public confession of
faith in Christ.
Matthew 28:19-20; Acts 2:41, 19:4-5
b. The Lord’s Supper is a memorial meal commemorating Christ’s death until He returns.
1 Corinthians 11:23-32
11. The eternal destiny of the Christian is personal presence with God. The eternal destiny of the unbeliever is separation from God in the Lake of Fire, called Hell.
John 4:14, 5:24; John 5:28-29; Ephesians 2:7; Revelation 20:10, 15
12.The Christian should live in submission to God by obedience to His Word.
2 Corinthians 6:14-18
5360 W 16th Street - Speedway IN 46224
Independent – Fundamental – Bible Believing
Copyright 2013 Open Door Baptist Church
Powered by Consideration Studios